Building & Permitting
Building Inspection Request
*For next day inspections, requests must be made prior to 3 pm. All fire requests are made through Gwinnett County.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Building Division serves to protect the health, safety and welfare of the public and enhance the general quality of life in the City of Peachtree Corners through interpretation and enforcement of the Georgia State Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, and Electrical Codes, as well as other applicable regulations governing construction and land use. For information on planning and zoning see our Planning & Zoning page.
The Building staff reviews building plans and inspects all residential and commercial structures built or remodeled within the City. It also issues the following permits:
- building (residential and non-residential)
- interior finish
- remodeling and additions
- retaining wall
- any additional permits required
If the property is within the Chattahoochee River Corridor additional information will be required before the permit is issued (see River Corridor page and Maps page for more information.)
When Do I Need a Building Permit
Forms & Permits
Forms must be saved as a PDF and uploaded into the ePlans portal.
- Basement Finish Building Guide (PDF)
- Decks Building Guide (PDF)
- Home Addition Building Guide (PDF)
- Pool Building Guide (PDF)
- Re-Roof Building Guide (PDF)
- Commercial Building Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Commercial Plan Review Requirements (PDF)
- Commercial Permit Applications (for building, siding, and roofing) (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Application (PDF)
- Demolition Permit Application (PDF)
- Residential Building Permit Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Residential Permit Applications (for building, siding, and roofing) (PDF)
- Residential Permitting Procedures (PDF)
Other Forms & Permits
- Authorized Agent Form (PDF)
- Chattahoochee River Corridor Affidavit (PDF)
- Moved-in House Application
- Plan Revision Form
- Racking System Compliance Guidelines (PDF)
- Retaining Wall Permit Application (PDF)
- Sewer Affidavit
- Subcontractor Affidavit (PDF)
- Electrical Service Request
- Tower Co-Locate Permit Application (PDF)
- Trade Permit Application (PDF)
The permitting process typically includes application for permit, building plan review, and inspection of projects from beginning of construction to issuance of a certificate of occupancy.
You now have the option to submit your plans electronically through ePlan Solution (EPS), a private company that partners with local governments to provide electronic plan review and other services. You will have to register a new account, and there is an additional fee paid directly to (EPS), see the following links.
- ePlan Solution
- ePlan Solution Step by Step Instructions
- Use our Building Inspection Request Form to request an inspection, or call our Building Inspection Request Line at 770-609-8813.
- Building Permits are accepted Monday through Friday, 9 am to 4 pm
- Construction activities are allowed on weekdays Monday through Friday between the hours of 7 am and 7 pm.
State Minimum Building Codes
Peachtree Corners requires the following current Georgia State Minimum Standard Building Codes for construction, as adopted by Georgia's Department of Community Affairs. These are mandatory codes.
Please note: there are Georgia Amendments to most of the following codes. Contact the Department of Community Affairs or visit the DCA website for more information concerning these amendments. See also the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design.
Current Mandatory Codes as Adopted by DCA
- ICC International Building Code (IBC), 2018 Edition, with IBC Georgia Amendments (2020) (PDF)
- ICC International Energy Conservation Code (IECC), 2015 Edition, with IECC Georgia Supplements and Amendments (2020) (PDF)
- ICC International Fire Code (IFC), 2018 Edition (No Georgia Amendments)
- ICC International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC), 2018 Edition, with IFGC Georgia Amendments (2020) (PDF)
- ICC International Mechanical Code (IMC), 2018 Edition, with IMC Georgia Amendments (2020) (PDF)
- ICC International Plumbing Code (IPC), 2018 Edition, with IPC Georgia Amendments (2020) (PDF)
- ICC International Residential Code (IRC), 2018 Edition, with IRC Georgia Amendments (2020) (PDF)
- ICC International Swimming Pool and Spa Code (ISPSC), 2018 Edition, with ISPSC Georgia Amendments (2020) (PDF)
- National Electrical Code, 2020 Edition (No Georgia Amendments)
- For information on plans and permits under the state of GA jurisdiction.
Current Permissive Codes as Adopted by DCA
- Disaster Resilient Building Code IBC Appendix (2013) (PDF)
- Disaster Resilient Building Code IRC Appendix (2013) (PDF)
- International Property Maintenance Code, 2012 Edition, with IPMC Georgia Amendments (2015) (PDF)
- International Existing Building Code, 2012 Edition, with IEBC Georgia Amendments (2015) (PDF)
- National Green Building Standard, 2008 Edition, with NGBS Georgia Amendments (2011) (PDF)