Before Placing Bulk Items for Pickup at the Curb …
We hear this question quite often – can I place large furniture and appliance items at the curb for pickup by my sanitation company? The answer is yes but there are specific requirements for this type of pickup.
And, with summer here – for many it will be out with the old and in with the new. So, before you place the “old” at the curb please follow these requirements:
- 1 – 2 large items per week allowed
- Furniture and appliances
- Call the Waste Pro office to schedule – 770-451-9395
- Call by the Wednesday prior to your service day – advance notice is required for scheduling pickup
- Items cannot be placed at curb any earlier than 24 hours prior to the scheduled day of pickup
- The following types are some of the items that will not be picked up: construction/remodeling debris, auto parts, tires, batteries, liquid paints, and toilets
- NOTE: To be absolutely certain the items you wish to dispose of for curbside pickup are allowed – CALL Waste Pro prior to placing anything at the curb. Waste Pro will verify if it is an allowable item and schedule the pickup date
If you have items for disposal that are not accepted by Waste Pro – log on to Gwinnett Clean and Beautiful website. On the bottom of the homepage click on “landfills” – for a list of local landfills and the items those landfills accept.
There is also a “Recycling” dropdown menu at the top of the homepage with “Where to Recycle.” In that menu is a list of locations and the items accepted.
Philomena Robertson, Chief Code Enforcement Officer