Yard Debris Pickup Guidelines for Sept. 18
To assist residents with disposal of yard debris caused by Tropical Storm Irma, the City of Peachtree Corners will provide free storm debris removal beginning on Monday, September 18, 2017. To ensure that citizens are served and that city equipment and crews are utilized efficiently, the City is asking residents to follow these guidelines:
- Tree limbs and branches brought down during the storm may be cut and stacked BEHIND the curb of an individual’s residence. Under no circumstances should any type of storm debris be stacked or placed in the street. Such debris can end up being washed into drainage inlets in a subsequent rain event clogging them and creating a flood hazard. Tree limbs and branches should NOT be stacked or placed on private property or next to fire hydrants, utility boxes, or utility poles. In addition, tree limbs and branches MUST NOT BE mixed with other debris such as roofing tiles, fence materials, or other items damaged during the storm. This clean-up effort only applies to tree limbs, branches, clippings and other vegetative debris.
- Trees must be cut as small as possible and each piece must weigh less than 50 pounds, and all pieces must be stacked neatly on the curb (not on the street).
- Branches and limbs must be trimmed and cut to a maximum of four feet, stacked neatly at the curb or placed in an approved receptacle.
- If a professional company was hired for your debris management, the City asks that they take the debris with them to reduce the volume stored in the right of way.
- All yard trimmings must be in 20 to 40-gallon durable metal or plastic containers with two handles or biodegradable paper bags folded over at the top.
- Yard trimmings or debris cannot be collected in plastic bags.
- The removal of this debris will be completed as quickly as possible, but no timetable is available at this time without knowing the volume of debris that will be generated. Our crews will work as quickly as possible until the effort is completed.
The City appreciates the cooperation of the public in ensuring the timely and efficient clean-up from Tropical Storm Irma. For more information regarding the removal and clean-up of storm debris, please visit:
or call 678-691-1200.
For your information, yard debris collection by Waste Pro is an optional service and you need to opt-in with them. They collect up to 10 bags per household, items placed in a marked container, or bundles under 3 feet and under 50 pounds per bundle. More information on that service is available here: https://www.peachtreecornersga.gov/residents/resident-guide/trash-pickup-recycle-information.