Before Placing Bulk Items for Pickup at the Curb …
We hear this question quite often: “Can I place large furniture and appliance items at the curb for pickup by my sanitation company?” The answer is yes but there are specific requirements for this type of pickup.
And, with the holiday season upon us – for many it will be out with the old and in with the new. So, before you place the “old” at the curb, please follow these requirements:
- 1 – 2 large items per week allowed
- Furniture and Appliances
- Call Waste Pro office to schedule – 770-451-9395
- Call by the Wednesday prior to your service day – advance notice needed for scheduling pickup
- Items cannot be placed at curb any earlier than 24 hours prior to the scheduled day of pickup
- The following types are some of the items that will not be picked up: construction/remodeling debris, auto parts, tires, batteries, liquid paints, and toilets.
- NOTE: To be absolutely certain the items for curbside pickup are allowed – CALL Waste Pro PRIOR to placing anything at the curb. Waste Pro will verify it is an allowable item and schedule the pickup date
If you have an item to dispose of that is not accepted by Waste Pro – visit the Gwinnett Clean and Beautiful website. On the page under “search” type in “landfills” – at the bottom of the page you will find a list of local landfills and the items those landfills accept. There is also a “Recycling” drop down with “Where to Recycle” and under that drop down you type in the material you are trying to dispose of and there is a list of who/where accepts that item.