Video Shows Part of City's New Marketing Initiative
March 12, 2018 – The City of Peachtree Corners has partnered with Tytan Pictures in a strategic marketing plan to increase the presence of the city. The effort is divided into two distinct initiatives:
- Recruit, train and deploy a local army of content creators by offering a variety of free photography, video and social media content workshops to highlight the city and increase awareness of Gwinnett County’s newest city.
- To create and distribute entertaining video shows to showcase the city and increase awareness of Gwinnett County’s newest city.
Tytan Pictures, an Emmy-Award company lead by Jim Stone, was chosen to produce shows designed to engage the community, while showcasing this city of over 40,000. Stone’s company is also teaching the photo and video workshops which are open to those who live or work in Peachtree Corners.
“It’s no secret that the use of video is on the rise,” said Stone, Tytan’s CEO and Executive Director. “Audiences are about 10 times more likely to engage, share and comment on video which is a great way to tell Peachtree Corners’ story.”
Three shows have been developed and will be seen on a bi-weekly basis, viewers may access the shows on the city’s website, its YouTube and Vimeo channels.
The show lineup:
- The Corners – an entertainment show featuring fashion, food, lifestyle, DIY, glamour, sports, fitness and interesting people and businesses
- Peachtree Positive – a news magazine-style show featuring uplifting stories, news, people, events and businesses making a positive difference
- Momentum – a news show featuring a panel of local city officials, business leaders, entrepreneurs and educators in a Sunday morning news style talk show format.
Episode 1 of The Corners made its debut on March 8 and is now available to view via the city’s website, its Facebook page, Instagram, YouTube and Vimeo.
The plans began last fall with a casting call for local talent. Twenty-eight show hosts along with 12 alternates were ultimately selected from over 140 who auditioned for the three shows, all of the hosts either live or work in Peachtree Corners.
“We have a tremendous group of very talented people living and working right here in our city,” said Mayor Mike Mason. “I was most surprised and delighted. I encourage everyone to tune in regularly to watch the shows.”
The shows are designed to provide entertainment – but also are designed to be a marketing tool for the city. Videos have a very broad reach which translates into a larger audience and a great value in terms of cost.
“One of the most important benefits of using video is expanded reach,” said City Manager, Brian Johnson. “It gives you access to free, enormous traffic sources like YouTube and Vimeo, and it’s one of the most cost-effective ways to get the word out about our city.”
How to access the Tytan Pictures-produced shows: