Reminder: New Waste Hauler to Provide Service in 2019
Effective January 2019, the city will transition to a new solid waste and recycling collection provider, Waste Management. Waste Management (WM) will provide the City of Peachtree Corners automated cart services for household garbage and recycling collection.
Brand New Carts:
- Each resident will receive 2 new carts (1 each, waste and recycling)
- Cart deliveries will begin mid December and run through the end of the month.
Once-a-Week Waste & Recycling Collection:
- Green Cart/ Yellow Lid — single stream recycling. Acceptable items include: plastic bottles and containers, food and beverage cans, paper, flattened cardboard and paperboard.No sorting needed. Empty recyclable items directly into the cart - no plastic bags, Styrofoam or glass. There will be two designated sites for glass recycling drop off.More information on the drop off locations will be available prior to January 1st, 2019.
- Green Cart/ Green Lid — waste. All trash must be placed inside your cart.
- To maximize efficiency and customer service, the city will be divided into five (5) collection zones.Collection will occur Monday- Friday.In December, residents will receive a postcard with their assigned collection day. Also available in December, route day information will be posted on both the city’s and Waste Management’s local Peachtree Corners websites.
- Carts are to be placed at curb no later than 6 a.m. on collection day.
Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Vehicles:
- Waste Management will be using brand new, quiet running, CNG trucks to service the city. CNG is the cleanest burning transportation fuel on the market today.
Bulk Item Collection:
- Waste Management will collect 1 bulk item per collection day. Effective January 1, 2019, bulk items requests can be made through Waste Management’s customer care team at (888) 964-9730.The cost per item is $25.00.
Yard Waste Collection:
- Yard waste collection will continue to be a subscription program.The cost for this program is $6.25 per month. Subscription options include January-June and July-December.Waste Management will collect up to 10 bags of yard waste clippings, as well as bundled limbs on designated collection day. After December 1, 2018 residents can contact Waste Management to establish yard waste subscription service by calling (888) 964-9730. Subscriptions with Waste Management will begin January 2019.
As announced in May, there will be a slight increase of $3.38 which equates to a new cost of $14.88 per month for standard service. The annual cost is $178.56. Residents will continue to be billed annually on Gwinnett County’s property tax bill. Residents age 65 and over will be eligible for a 15% discount, which is $12.65 per month or $151.78 per year.
Watch for additional information in the coming months on the City’s transition to Waste Management.