Important Yard Waste Disposal & Bulk Pickup Information
REMINDER: On Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019, a new waste hauler, Waste Management will begin providing garbage and recycling service for our City.
Residents who currently pay for yard waste disposal with Waste Pro, please note the service will not automatically transfer to Waste Management. Residents who want to pay for this extra service must contact Waste Management to make the arrangements.
Waste Management Customer Service contact information:
- Telephone: 404-794-6707 or 888-964-9730
- Email: SouthAtlantic_CS@wm.com
For residents who will have live Christmas trees to discard, please note the Waste Managements options for pickup.
Christmas tree disposal: If you wait to dispose of your live tree after Dec. 31, 2018, Waste Management offers the following pickup service:
- If you have paid for yard waste service with Waste Management, you may leave your tree at the curb for pickup on your scheduled pickup day. (Trees over 4 feet must be cut in half.)
- If you are not a yard-waste subscriber, customers may call Waste Management and schedule a bulk pick up of the tree for $25. (Trees over 4 feet must be cut in half.)
- If you currently pay for yard waste service with Waste Pro, your subscription will NOT transfer to Waste Management. To set up yard waste pickup service with Waste Management, call 404-794-6707, or 888-964-9730 or send an email to Waste Management Customer Service.
Second Option: Drop off your tree at one of the Gwinnett Fire Departments that accept live Christmas tree recycling. Locations include Peachtree Corners Fire Station No. 4, at 5550 Spalding Drive. Check here for additional locations. Some of the area Home Depot stores also allow residents to drop off their live trees including the location at 5950 State Bridge Road.
Find more information, please visit the Waste Management website