Veterans Monument Dedication Ceremony, June 15
Join us for a dedication of the Peachtree Corners Veterans Monument on Saturday, June 15 at 10 a.m. This is an exciting time for our city as the Veterans Monument board, volunteers, donors, dignitaries and veterans will all be on hand to celebrate this special occasion. The program includes music by the 116th Army Band Georgia Army National Guard, keynote address and the unveiling of the monument sculptures.
The Veterans Monument is located on the city’s new Town Center in a prominent place on the Town Green. The Monument has been designed to be a serene and dignified place where individuals may come and reflect – and where veterans, schools and civic organizations may hold ceremonies and educational opportunities.
The Monument is a 2,500 square-foot plaza that features a central pillar with an eagle atop the globe which represents the presence of the U.S. Armed forces across the world, and six sculptures representing each of the Armed Forces and the Federal Military Reserve components.
The monument honors all military veterans past, present and future for their service to the United States of America and its citizens and to the preservation of freedom throughout the world.
- 09:45: Military Music (116th Army Band)
- 09:58: Master of Ceremonies announces arrival of Color Guard, Knights of Columbus and Cub Scout Pack 575
- 10:00: Welcome and Introduction of Guests
- 10:05: National anthem, followed by Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation - Pastor John Purrington
- 10:10: Honor Guard and Scouts seated
- 10:15: Remarks by Mayor Mike Mason
- 10:25: Remarks by Colonel Bob Ballagh, USA Retired
- 10:35: Guest speaker - Maj. Gen. Ron Johnson
- 10:45: Unveiling of the Sculptures
- 10:55: Presentation of Flagpole and Kiosk Keys to Mayor Mason
- 11:00: Benediction - Pastor John Purrington
- 11:05: Closing Remarks
- Monument Visitations
Participants in the Ceremony:
- Col. Doug Heckman, USA Retired Master of Ceremonies
- 116th Army Band, Georgia Army National Guard
- Air Force Reserve Color Guard
- Father Charles J. Watters, Assembly Knights of Columbus
- Cub Scout Pack 575
- Georgia Patriot Guard Riders
- Pastor John Purrington, Simpsonwood United Methodist Church
- Mayor Mike Mason, City of Peachtree Corners
- Col. Bob Ballagh, USA Retired, Executive Director, Peachtree Corners Veterans Monument Association
- Chad Fisher, Sculptor
- Volunteers of the Peachtree Corners Veterans Monument Association
For more information on the monument, please visit the Peachree Corners Veterans Monument website, www.ptcvets.net. For questions, please contact Bob Ballagh via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 678-618-1722.