• Crooked Creek Trail Survey

    Take the Crooked Creek Trail survey today! English version. Versión en Español.
  • The 2020 Census is Here

    Use the code you receive in the mail to complete the 2020 Census online - it's a quick and simple process!



Information Resources

Alcohol Beverage License

Business License

Zoning / Sign Permit

Building Official

Fire Dept. Plan Review
Online Portal 

or for assistance:

Gwinnett County Chamber of Commerce

Gwinnett Economic Development Partnership Gwinnett

Gwinnett County Health Department

Gwinnett County Water/Sewer

SCORE Atlanta

Small Business Administration

Business Startup Guide

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Whether you’re starting a new business venture or are relocating an existing one, we’re glad you’ve chosen Peachtree Corners for your business’ new home. This guide is intended to help you through the process of moving into your new space and acquiring a business license. Please review the information below so that your business start-up will be as quick and easy as possible. Best wishes for your success!


Business Licensing Procedure


A flow chart showing the procedure for obtaining a business license. It has decision points that depend on whether certain criteria have been met.


  View the PDF version


1. Is the site appropriately zoned for proposed business? Has the site/building been used for this type of business in the past?

-If NO, Contact Community Development Department at (678) 691-1200 or Zoning Administrator at (678) 691-1205.

2. Has the building, suite, space or site been inspected?

-if NO, Contact Building Official at (678) 691-1207 and use the Fire Plan Review Online Portal  to obtain a building permit for construction and/or to secure a Certificate of Occupancy (C.O.)

3. Does the proposed business prepare or serve food, or cater?

-if YES, Contact Gwinnett County Health Department at (770) 963-5132. For grease traps, contact Gwinnett County Water and Sewer Division at (678) 518-6240. If an Alcohol Beverage License is needed call (678) 691-1208.

4. Do you need a sign and/or grand opening banner permit?

-if YES, Contact the Building Official for sign/banner permits at (678) 691-1207.

5. Has the business license application been completed?

-If NO, Obtain and complete a business license application available online at or at City Hall, 310 Technology Parkway.

6. Submit completed form with copy of Gwinnett County Fire C.O., City C.O., copy of lease, notarized affidavits, and picture I.D. to the Business License Officer (678) 691-1208.

  2018 Rate Schedule - comprehensive list of North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes, titles, and rates for 2018-2019.

Business License Application - application for all new businesses, including home based businesses, to obtain an occupational tax certificate (business license).

  Home Based Business Declaration* - form to be submitted along with the Business License Application Form if the business will be home-based.

  2020 Renewal for Business License - application for the annual renewal of a business license.

* Home based businesses use the same application as other businesses but also include the Home Based Business Declaration.