Recycle at City Hall
- Cell Phones
- Toner Cartridges
Recycle bins are at the back entrance to City Hall
The City of Peachtree Corners is proud to be recognized as a Green Community that invests in programs and policies leading to a more sustainable region. Learn more about the City's initiatives and community outreach below.
Green Community Certification
To gain the Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) Green Community Certification, the City of Peachtree Corners:
- Now provides a public drop-off location for cell phones, household batteries and ink cartridges.
- Encourages businesses to redevelop aging buildings within the existing Technology Park and other under-utilized locations.
- Provides incentives for businesses to locate recycling facilities in the city limits.
- Adopted a ‘night sky” ordinance to reduce excess light pollution and conserve energy.
- Provides incentives for sign lighting that is controlled by timers and uses high-efficiency LED lamps.
- Installed electric vehicle charging stations at City Hall.
Energy Action Plan
To use energy more efficiently the City of Peachtree Corners:
- Formed a "Green Committee" of interested citizens to guide the staff and council on energy use.
- Created an Outdoor Lighting Ordinance.
- Installs and maintains energy-efficient traffic signals.
- Creates an environment of energy efficiency for all office employees through regular discussions.
- Educates staff and the public about our partnership and achievements with Energy Star.
- Solicits new ideas and suggestions.
- 2018 Shredding and Recycling Event
In April of 2018 Peachtree Corners shredded paper and recycled electronics for its citizens at City Hall.
Contains 12 Photo(s)
- Arbor Day 2018
Images from the Arbor Day 2018 celebration held at Pinckneyville Middle School Friday, April 27.
Contains 18 Photo(s)
- Stormwater Education 2017
In the Fall of 2017 staff from the City of Peachtree Corners educated students at Peachtree Elementary School and labeled storm drains.
Contains 19 Photo(s)