Peachtree Corners Energy Action Plan
- Prepare energy audit with Georgia Power. The Accounting Manager will assist with the audit.
- Investigate replacement lighting for city hall fixtures to install more efficient lights; and other suggestions from power.
- Continue maintenance and replacement of energy efficient traffic signals.
- Create Green Committee of interested citizens to guide staff and council on energy and for purchasing and office operations for City Council approval; present at public hearings.
- Create Outdoor Lighting Ordinance.
- Create an environment of energy efficiency for all office employees: schedule regular discussions at staff meetings and incentive lunches.
- Solicit new ideas and suggestions.
- Create energy efficiency logo for use as “Power down” reminders around city hall, including council chambers and other public hearing locations.
- Educate staff and the public about our partnership and achievements with ENERGY STAR.
Community Revitalization Incentives/Strategies
In order to incentivize redevelopment, the City has developed a three-pronged plan of action:
- Make Infrastructure Improvements: By using
its resources such as SPLOST funding, the City has committed to adding sidewalks,
upgrading roads, installing electric car recharge stations, adding street
lighting, and generating similar improvements that developers don’t like to
make because these types of projects don’t always have an obvious return on
- Rezone to Add Value: By using its zoning
powers, the City has the opportunity to increase density and enhance property
values. The City has already used its zoning powers to rezone property
from single use to mixed-use and rezone from office use (where overdevelopment
exists) to residential use (where infill, higher density housing is needed).
- Offer Inducements (where appropriate): By offering inducements such as expedited plans processing and fee waivers, the City has successfully incentivized business relocations and existing business expansions which have resulted in the revitalization of existing commercial sites.