Ins and Outs of Recycling
Contaminants cause the rejection of tons of recyclables every year, which increases the cost of recycling.
The Top Three Contaminants are:
- Plastic grocery bags
- Take-out pizza boxes
Other contaminants include:
- Hard cover books
- Light bulbs
- Cookware (ceramics, plates, cups)
- Window / mirror glass
- Construction debris
Please do not put these in your recycle bin, and remember:
When In Doubt, Throw It Out!
The municipal solid waste hauler, Waste Management, began providing garbage and recycling collection services to Peachtree Corners residential homes on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
To maximize collection efficiency, the city has been divided into five (5) zones and pickup will be Monday through Friday. You may use the links above to determine your pickup day.
New Year's Day
|Weekday holidays will delay collection by one day for the remainder of the week. For example, if a holiday falls on a Thursday, Thursday customers will be collected on Friday and Friday customers will be collected on Saturday.
CONTACT Waste Management Customer Service for questions or to report a pickup issue:
- Find more information including customer service contact information, recycle, bulk pickup, pickup services and more at the Waste Management website.
- Telephone: 404-794-6707, or 888-964-9730
- Email: email@example.com
Glass Recycling Site:
- 6461 Corley Road. Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday and Saturday, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Please note: Glass must be clean and discarded by itself, no containers please.
- Do not toss bags and boxes in the glass recycle receptacle.
For questions, please contact Waste Management, 404-794-6707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rates for Waste Management Service:
- The cost for basic trash and recycling services will continue to be billed annually on Gwinnett County’s property tax assessment.
- $15.33 per month ($183.92 per year)
- Residents age 65 and older are eligible for a 15% discount ($13.03 per month, $156.33 per year). Please call City Hall at 770-609-8816 or email email@example.com a copy of your driver's license to apply for senior discount.
- The additional cost for yard waste pickup is $6.25 per month (10 bag/week maximum) - contact Waste Management at 404-794-6707 to set up service.
- The additional cost for bulk pickup is $25.00 per item. Pickups must be scheduled with Waste Management a week in advance; please call 404-794-6707 to schedule.