On Wednesday, November 2, Peachtree Corners Councilman Phil Sadd held a town hall meeting at the Winters Chapel United Methodist Church that was attended by a group of approximately 75 residents.
As part of the presentation, Sadd invited Gwinnett County Police Department’s Major Edward Restrepo and Dunwoody Councilman Tom Lambert to be part of his panel.
The presentation included information regarding the following topics:
- The Forum current state/future vision
- Key Construction Project Updates
- Spalding Drive Widening
- Winters Chapel / Spalding Drive
- River Exchange / Holcomb Bridge
- New Town Farms neighborhood
- Winters Chapel intersection at Dunwoody Club Drive – Councilman Lambert
- Multi-use trail update
- Peachtree Corners Town Center update
- Curiosity Lab Innovation Center update
- What is on the Nov 8 ballot
- Peachtree Corners Crime Prevention Initiatives - GCPD Major Restrepo
The audience had the opportunity to ask questions of each panelist, including the Major who gave them greater insight into how the use of technology has enabled the Police to quickly apprehend criminals and prevent future crimes.
According to feedback from one of the attendees, Major Restrepo’s explanation of how law enforcement works to contain and control crime in our area was not only helpful but very encouraging. They said they went home feeling not only more secure and less concerned about crime control in our area but in the entire county.
Councilman Sadd began holding these town hall meetings in 2013 and believes that they are an important part of representing the city’s residents.
“I believe that it is very important to meet with constituents and residents to provide them with information regarding the city,” said Sadd. “These types of events not only allow me to provide our residents with information and answer questions but allow me to hear directly from them about their concerns, appreciation, and what they expect from the city in the future.”
In addition to the audience, there were several local leaders and elected officials that attended the town hall.
- Georgia House Representative Beth Moore
- Peachtree Corners Councilman Eric Christ
- Peachtree Corners Councilman Joe Sawyer
- Board of Education District 3 Representative Mary Kay Murphy
- Georgia State House Candidate Scott Hilton
- Georgia State House Candidate Ruwa Romman
- Georgia State Senate Candidate Austin McDonald
- Peachtree Corners DDA Representative Tim Le
- Peachtree Corners Planning Commission Member Alan Kaplan
- Peachtree Corners Zoning Board of Appeals Member Marcia Brandes
- Winters Chapel United Methodist Pastor Steve Ring
Being an election year, Sadd spoke about the importance of voting. At the completion of the program, sample ballots were made available to those in the audience.