- Community Development
- Green Community
Since 2015 the City of Peachtree Corners has been recognized as a Green Community that invests in programs and policies leading to a more sustainable region. Learn more about the City's initiatives and community outreach.
Green Community Certification
The Green Communities Program is a voluntary certification program for jurisdictions in the 10-county Atlanta Region to encourage local governments to become more sustainable. To gain the Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) Green Community Certification, the City of Peachtree Corners:
- Provides a public drop-off location for cell phones, household batteries and ink cartridges.
- Encourages businesses to redevelop aging buildings within the existing Technology Park and other under-utilized locations.
- Provides incentives for businesses to locate recycling facilities in the city limits.
- Provides incentives for sign lighting that is controlled by timers and uses high-efficiency LED lamps.
- Offers electric vehicle charging stations at City Hall and Curiosity Lab.
Tree City USA
Peachtree Corners earned its Tree City USA designation in 2016 from the Georgia Forestry Commission and the Arbor Day Foundation, and has earned the designation each year since. The City of Peachtree Corners developed an urban forestry plan and adopted a tree ordinance. Each year, the City meets specific tree and landscape spending levels and organizes an Arbor Day Event.
Energy Action Plan
To use energy more efficiently the City of Peachtree Corners:
- Installs and maintains energy-efficient traffic signals.
- Creates an environment of energy efficiency for all office employees through regular discussions.
- Educates staff and the public about our partnership and achievements with Energy Star.
- Solicits new ideas and suggestions.
- Installs and maintains water-saving fixtures.
View the Green Policy Document (PDF).
Recycle at City Hall
- Cell Phones
- Toner Cartridges
Recycle bins are at the back entrance to City Hall