The City Manager administers the policy and strategic decisions made by the city council and oversees the day-to-day operations of the city government. It is the office's responsibility to ensure that all city services are delivered in an efficient and cost-effective manner and to provide leadership to the city organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the City Manager are to:
- Direct and supervise the administration of all departments, offices, and agencies of the City with responsibility for the appointment and removal of all city employees and appointed officers;
- See that all laws and acts of the City Council are faithfully executed;
- Prepare and submit the annual budget to City Council and implement the final budget approved by the City Council to achieve the goals of the City;
- Submit to City Council and make available to the public a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the City as of the end of each fiscal year;
- Keep City Council fully advised as to the financial condition and future needs of the City;
- Make recommendations to the City Council concerning affairs of the City and facilitate the work of the Council in developing and implementing policy;
- Assist City Council in developing long-term goals for the City and strategies to implement these goals;
- Make such reports as City Council may require concerning operations;
- Encourage and provide staff support for regional and intergovernmental cooperation;
- Promote partnerships among City Council, staff, and citizens in developing public policy and building a sense of community.
Duties & Responsibilities - Executive Assistant
Provides highly responsible, complex, and varied administrative support to the City Manager in the overall management of city operations.