About the City Marshals Office
The City Marshal’s Office was created to be a resource for filling gaps in services between the City’s Code Enforcement Officers and those of the Gwinnett County Police Department (GCPD). GCPD however, will continue to serve as the first-line policing agency for the City of Peachtree Corners and will continue to lead all emergency response, dispatch, and 911 services. In the event of any emergency, residents should always dial 911. The City Marshal’s Office will serve as a liaison with GCPD and function as a law enforcement “force multiplier” for the City by providing law enforcement services in underserved areas as identified by the City Council and/or City Manager as well as being an additional law enforcement resource for the community on specific issues as they arise.
Mission and Vision
The City of Peachtree Corners Marshal's Office, in partnership with the community, is committed to the concept of shared responsibility to identify and solve community problems. Within the framework of the City Charter, our objective is to create a safe environment for both our citizens and visitors by promoting public safety, implementing state-of-the-art technology, and actively engaging the community to enhance the overall quality of life. We are entrusted to fulfill this mission with the utmost honor, integrity, and adherence to the highest ethical standards, thereby upholding public trust. Our dedication to service excellence is guided by our three fundamental principles: Community, Innovation, and Commitment.
- Develop positive relationships between visitors and citizens of the City of Peachtree Corners through community policing
- Support the Crime Free Multi-housing Program
- Offer Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- Patrol the Town Center, Forum, and other densely populated areas
- Supplement GCPD by assisting them with new innovative technologies for policing
- Develop operations to assist with crime trends or community concerns
- Perform business and alcohol inspections in conjunction with Code Enforcement
- Conduct safety and security checks on city properties
- Monitor areas for violations of state laws or city ordinances and take appropriate action
- Attend court proceedings as necessary
Frequently Asked Questions
The City Marshal’s Office is located on the first floor of City Hall, 310 Technology Parkway Peachtree Corners, GA 30092.
The City Marshals Office will focus on the specific needs of the City as well as respond to community needs. These needs may include focusing on problem crime areas, increasing presence patrols, and interfacing with the community, homeowners’ associations, and local businesses.
- Serving in a smart city, will the Peachtree Corners City Marshals have access to any new technologies?
Due to their relationship with Curiosity Lab at Peachtree Corners and its partners, the Marshals will be testing and deploying new and emerging law enforcement technologies that are not readily available to conventional police departments.
Yes, all Peachtree Corners City Marshals are POST Certified and are authorized to perform all the duties of any officer in the State of Georgia. The Marshal’s Office is trained to respond and intervene in any criminal activity and will call Gwinnett County Police when necessary.
In case of an emergency, always CALL 911.
In case of emergency
For non-emergencies, call GCPD at (770) 513-5100
E. RestrepoChief Marshal
J. L. Bing Jr.Deputy Chief Marshal
H. A. MesaCaptain